Wednesday 5 September 2018

I should be so lucky

Well I've shopped and I've cooked and I've washed pots and laundry and I'm ready for another holiday now I reckon! I give thanks for believing I'll have one one day...as the best bits of my life at the moment are definitely the bits when I escape it. I give thanks for books and film and music and other means of distraction.

Meanwhile, now I've given up getting ready to move, have no imminent trips to prepare for and can't face unpacking boxes or stashed away winter woolies, I give thanks for starting to put some measures in place for when I start dialysis. I give thanks for purchasing a small cheap tablet I hope to be able to operate with my less than nimble left hand, and which won't be too costly to replace if I drop it in the process. I give thanks for beginning to gather some new outfits as the many long sleeved layers I have to wear to keep cosy in my chilly flat will be totally impractical on days when I have treatment,

I give thanks for a bit of warm sunshine to sit in with a book on a tea break from my in town chores. For the autumnal light, so poignant and so pretty.

I give thanks for finding some wryly amusing 'tales of the misunderstood' ie true stories of life with physical and mental conditions.

podcast - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05cpzy3

transcript - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/disability-41009928

I give thanks for being a good little patient and booking my next blood test and flu jab without being nagged...and for making the doc's receptionist laugh in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics