Wednesday 12 September 2018

I feel good

I give thanks for simple pleasures today. For waking up feeling healthier for a start, which always helps a lot!

I give thanks for my patchwork bedcover. Not only does it encourage me to make the bed so that I can think 'Ooh, that looks nice!' every time it catches my eye but it is also the softest lightest layer to snuggle under for a snooze as I backed it with flannelette.

I give thanks for the strength to get down to town and collect eggs and meds and a chilli for tea...and for the weakness to need a sleep under this facility when I returned.

I give thanks for dark chocolate ginger biscuits on offer at the Co op for those who are allowed chocolate biscuits...and for those who are not but still like to eat a really good one now and then! Actually the very sensible hospital cookbook says 'If you must have some chocolate now and then have a coated biscuit or filled wafer rather than a slab. I give thanks for self restraint...

I give thanks for making a pot of dhal for supper. It was meant to be tomorrow's supper but I may have used all my self restraint resisting a second biscuit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics