Wednesday 26 September 2018

Are friends electric?

I give thanks for making friends with electric cookers. Last night I slow simmered some dhal for today on the residual heat from a ring that had been bubbling pasta! I also give thanks the restorative power of my late afternoon nap gave me the oomph to get stuck into some household cleaning in between the stirs...

I give thanks for an early night. For no news this morning so I could lol in bed admiring the sky instead of leaping into action. For emailing the CAB for advice on a number of concerns regarding the immediate future. Their initial reply said there were far too many issues to address in an email and to call in or phone the helpline...but when I did that the answer seemed to be I was a time wasting drama queen and to go away until I had some real problems! I give thanks for the reminder of how lucky I am.

My joints are mega painful today so I give thanks for making it downstairs to get the mail, though coming back up was horrid and pretty much did for any more movement from the waist down. For attaching some trimming to the sleeves I've shortened on a dress to wear on dialysis days...and that was pretty much all I could do with my hands.

I give thanks for a patch of sunlight streaming through the window and soothing my aching knees. For the patches when the neighbours stopped going in and out and pacing up and down to soothe my aching head...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics