Sunday 23 September 2018

You never can tell

Well, it's been quite a week one way and another! I give thanks though a lot happened I didn't expect, the one thing I was pretty sure would did not ie. being summoned to the hospital after my blood test results. I don't know what they were - I prefer not to be told these days - and I know that even if I 'passed' this time I cannot hold back failure forever. but in the circumstances defying medical science  a little longer is very fine thing indeed!

I give thanks for a really good sleep last night, untroubled by wakeful 'What if?' hours. For applying a healthy does of scepticism to the  optimism and halting exclusively moving related tasks for now, instead choosing to do some things I will be very glad I've got out of the way if, in fact I do! I give thanks I've finished sorting through a box of old photos...a somewhat poignant task, but many of them no longer mean anything to anyone but me and I have a head full of memories anyway.

I give thanks for taking some rather elderly cream out of the fridge to throw away, and discovering it still tasted fresh...and doing the sensible thing and making a massive crumble to soak some up!

I give thanks for spending some of my early teens in a children's home. Without 'Aunty' Faye to introduce me to the delights of Columbo I might have never realised its many charms as it wasn't the kind of programme my mother went in for at all.

I give thanks for remembering Uma Thurman and John Travolta dancing in Pulp Fiction...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics