Thursday 6 September 2018

Everybody hurts

My hips and knees aren't happy to be home, they kept waking me up in the night to complain about the hill and stairs. I give thanks I only had to go up and down the latter once today to collect medical supplies...and not the hill at all. Oh and I give thanks for my medical supplies delivery of course! My hands have been grumbling about having to do more than point and pay for food so I give thanks for forcing them into further action and rustling up a lentil stew and apple crumble that should last a couple of days...and for a much needed nap when I'd finished the mound of washing up.

I give thanks for QI - Even an old one can make me laugh probably exasperatingly loudly as far as the neighbours are concerned, and apart from worrying about disturbing them I was specially grateful an episode cheering me up when I'd stabbed a vein with an epipen and made myself bloody and sore. I used to love Stephen Fry in the middle chair but surprisingly Sandi Toksvig is even better and I love it when Alan Davies makes her laugh out loud too...

I give thanks for a new (?) battery for my phone arriving so hopefully it will stop turning itself off...or turning itself into a siren so loud people were evacuating the hotel when it went off. No really, not joking - they were! God knows what Mr Upstairs would make of it, he's here a lot of the time at the moment and not demonstrating a great deal of philosophical acceptance of life's troubles and trials

I give thanks for working on mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics