Friday 28 September 2018

Now the day is over

...and I am none the wiser about pretty much anything. Ah well. I give thanks for the physical restfulness of this, even if it's not much good for one's state of mind. I give thanks I've had plenty of experience of disappointment should more be coming my way...and that I know the real challenge is not to feel that's all I'm supposed to have.

I give thanks the weather folk's predictions were correct and that though yesterday still felt like summer, today has been a lot more autumnal...and I'm grateful I could plan my outdoor chores (and pleasures) accordingly and stay indoors today as requested by various body parts. I give thanks for starting to make a little black sweatshirt skirt. I've produced a few of these over the last thirty plus years, though they are not so little as they used to be!

I've been feeling rather nostalgic which is maybe why I thought of being five years old, before the world got scary, singing the first couple of verses of this at our desks before hometime on Friday. I give thanks for that...and for something in the light or temperature or sounds or smells reminding me of autumns producing colourful knitwear to display on my market stall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics