Friday 21 September 2018

Help!

I give thanks for the helpfulness of friends. I've a mighty pile of boxes to fill up now but I'm mighty tired after a restless night and a busy day so I am giving the rest of evening over to rest I think.

I give thanks for talking to a lot of people and apparently saying the right things as I have had an offer accepted on an acceptable flat and put a deposit on some interim accommodation. The latter is only continuously available from 10th November and will require coins in the meter and trips to the launderette so some sofa surfing may be required in the meantime, and some soul searching during I'm sure.

I give thanks for meeting some jolly folk during and between these negotiations including Laura and Christine who I'd not seen for ages, and the estate agent I saw the other flat with yesterday so we could have a feedback and windup conversation while buying our lunch. I give thanks Pastel de Nata have arrived in town at last, though they'd sold out by the time I got there.

I give thanks for some bright warm sunshine whilst trudging to and fro, for not being blown over by the ferocious wind, though it had a damn good try. For buses being on time and for my legs carrying me where they did not go. For my kidney for keeping going...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics