Thursday 11 September 2014

Dawn to dusk

Heavens, that was a lengthily strenuous day for me! I give thanks for Amor de Dias melodically tuning me up for the last long travelling hours which have felt perhaps a couple too many. I give thanks for the little delights of the journey and destination - the spray view seat on the sea side train, the peaceful glide for a while through hazy country sunshine in a carriage with only solitary silent passengers aboard... For a log that looked just like a dog, another that looked like a carved raised hand and something that looked like a young deer that actually was! For friendly and funny staff in various capacities (and dealing with some incapacity too!), a very good voice on an unlikely looking busker just off Quiet Street and some very good food including a ginger and lemon polenta cake that came not from the veggie restaurant but from the very rather picturesque museum cafe. The museum itself? Oh, it was great I'm grateful to say - bigger and better than I imagined. And Jan? Much the same, only smaller and better! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics