Tuesday 30 September 2014

Accumulation

I've been writing this blog a few years now, but several times over the years beforehand I tried to keep journals of things I'd appreciated without managing to do it regularly or sustain the process for long. Often people say to me now 'Oh I'm thinking of doing what you do' and though it is, of course, entirely up to them whether they do or not, I can't emphasise enough how different doing it regularly is from just occasionally having a go. The process soon becomes a whole lot more than the sum of its parts, so that you gradually begin to think differently, and when you think differently you feel different too (and different things go on in your body too, because it's changes going on in your body that make you feel...)

Nowadays I often have more daily experiences of gratitude than I can remember to tell, let alone find the energy to type (and correct!) and some 'old' unmentioned ones came into my head today such as:

* The patient way (most of) the bus drivers in the Lakes deal with passengers who little sense of direction/grasp of the language/understanding of how to read timetables... Plus the marvellously simplified timetables they have at many stops often in large print too

* The waft of something someone else has cooked coming out of my kitchen...

* Realising that what I thought was some rich folks making life better for themselves (again) ie. the pension 'death tax' changes, can actually affect the not so affluent and their even less so kin

I also give thanks for overriding pain and fatigue and going out in the deliciously warm sunshine today, getting to the shops and to watch the sea for a while. For Eastcliff being busy, but the seawall workers being gone so that I could take my refreshments a little way away from the crowd and not have to stare at Portacabins instead of water.  For this accumulation of bright coloured vehicles in amongst the many (50?) contemporary shades of grey...Two yellow cars and a van within a few yards (plus the car between the two vans had a yellow ladder on top!) - most unusual, though this is the same stretch of street that had all the spring greens too earlier in the year.


Much gratitude too for this film of a superpod of dolphins recently spotted...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-29418014

...and for all the lovely leftovers waiting to be my tea!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics