Thursday 25 September 2014

Injecting some humour

I'm grateful for an encounter with vivacious vegans in Booths and finding some nice bread and marmalade to bring home.  I'm grateful for a journey without too many delays and inconveniences... just enough to make me very glad I've got here! For the luxurious amount of luggage and leg room on TransPennine Express trains, the cheap and cheerful humour of Virgin including open unbooked seating in carriages F and U, and the upholstered squeeze sardine tins (but at least it's one less change) on Cross Country. I'm grateful for a book to barricade myself into, and a message from Bob when I needed further distraction... And the tide being in on the last stretch so that the sea seemed to fill the windows.

I'm grateful the water's heating up for a bath and that there's no reason why I shouldn't go straight to bed after that,  with some more to read and some catch up on your tablet TV. And I'm grateful I have to have another jab lunchtime  tomorrow, partly so I can get some fresh veg and so on at the same time, and partly because after the last one I needed some extra rest afterwards and I've a feeling that is going to be fine by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics