Friday 26 September 2014

Back to the grindstone

I give thanks for a quiet start to the day on the terrace; for stretching my legs gently in bed before trying to get out which seemed to help with the morning wobbles a bit and for the lovely views out of the windows of turning leaves, dark sky, a fuzzy rainbow and the finest misty drifting raindrops. Sometimes I wish I didn't live in a flat surrounded by sounds of other dwellings but I love that I don't have to see a lot of others, so until I get somewhere with its own grounds this (plus earplugs) will do nicely, thank you!

I give thanks for finding out how delicious Booth's cheese and onion rye bread is toasted. Heck of a long way to go to get some more but I might just have to...next year! Oh and for finding a fish pie without prawns (yes, Co-op chefs, that is indeed truly irresistible to me!) as well as a reduced toffee cake so I don't have to do much in the way of cooking tonight.

Apart from that most of my movements and dealings today have been to do with medical matters, sorting out prescriptions and filling up the calendar with appointments again. I give thanks for the NHS and that the nurse, despite being rather incredulous that I didn't know where in the surgery my vaccine might be, and that I reported a sore arm after the last one (has she never had a jab?), agreed to look at my still poorly toe, This saved me phoning for an appointment to tell to a doctor about it and arrange to see them so they could see if they needed to see it, and I was very grateful she said she didn't think they did...nor a chemist as I was wondering about that.

I'm grateful I've partially unpacked, that the washing machine has washed a load of clothes and for pleasant memories stirred by uploading my photos. Got to love this floor at the mill...


3 comments:

  1. I'm grateful I discovered your life-affirming blog. It's really nice to read something about gratitude for a change. I'm doing my very best to be more optimistic about the future, but depression often makes everything seem totally dark and grim.

    So I'm going to follow your excellent example, and think of five things I am grateful for. Perhaps if I do this on a regular basis, it will become a healthy habit, and I can begin to enjoy life once again. Your blog is wonderful. Thank you for sharing it with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Zach! It's difficult to see how much we have to be grateful for sometimes but it really does become a habit if you make a habit of it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics