Wednesday 24 September 2014

Packing it in

I give thanks for someone to make the bed, to cook and wash up, vacuum and keep the bathroom clean - I'd have made a good husband, eh? For me these days a holiday is half about feasts for the eyes and half about ease for the rest of me so, delightful though four days adventuring have been I really appreciated a lie in today with no dashing to catch a train or bus. That meant I missed seeing the low jets I heard flying over but I'm grateful I didn't know they were going to or I might have got up specially. I did spot one later, and the little plane Lynn and I saw on Monday too... almost an airshow round here today!

I've been grateful for a slomo potter here and there with a bus pass and relatively amenable hips and knees after two mostly sedentary days, finding a few flat paths to explore a short way and some comfy scenic seats. For finding places I'd like to come back to, ills and bills permitting. It's good to have a carrot sometimes to stop life beating you.

I'm grateful for the gorgeously warm sunshine which made being indoors, even cafe doors, unappealing and for subsisting yet again on take away or take with me odds and ends. And I'm grateful I tried to do a bit of souvenir shopping and that I was as disinterested and unsuccessful as usual...though I also give thanks for going into a particular shop for a particular thing and finding it, as it's not a shop I've been to before, nor something you often find!

I'm grateful for getting in and out of the bath before my joints seize up and for making a start on the packing...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics