Sunday 14 September 2014

Behind closed doors

I give thanks for all the little cloud symbols on the weather charts at the moment. It's nice to be outside for a while in almost any conditions, but when it's not sunny it's easier for me to resist and stay indoors and rest which has been very necessary today. I think if I had a door like this one to the outside bathroom at the workshop in the sculpture garden yesterday I might just stay inside there..isn't it beautiful?


I'm grateful that I managed to drink my morning cuppa without spilling it everywhere. Yesterday I'd just put a big mugful down on the bedside table when, back in bed, I tried to put an extra cushion behind my head and ker-sploosh - tea on the carpet, tea on the rug, on the wall, the paintwork, the cushion on the chair and all the layers of curtain and lining. I did my best to sort it out and today it looks OK though the carpet could do with a bit of a shampoo and/or steam to make it look even better...another time maybe!

I give thanks for my TV reminding me of times when I didn't have to stay home watching it! For an excellent documentary about Victorian maverick Flinders Petrie working at his excavations in his underwear (which looked like skin from a distance) and helped deter the pesky Egyptophile tourists from coming any closer, and the series about newly qualified pilots flying in Papua and the people and places they encountered. 

I give thanks to Mr Tesco for helping me make a nice lunch, including potassium diminishing peeled and pre leeched roasted spuds. I stopped peeling veg in my twenties and it's strange to be starting again and not something my hands seem to be designed for these days but worth it to taste potato... I'm also grateful I made too much crumble mixture so when the top got burnt I could scrape it off. 

I give thanks in anticipation for supper too which is fresh corn on the cob bubbling away on the stove. It was a gift from a man I used to work with more than twelve years ago who I've not seen for at least eight, but who now works with Laura somewhere else and sent it for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics