Wednesday 10 September 2014

Once more unto the beach...

...dear friends, I have set you a little puzzle! Fill in the missing word:  Today I wanted to spend a few minutes contemplating not being a *****, so even though I was very sore and *****, and there was a ***** breeze blowing, I went down to the back beach for a cuppa and cake. 

The cafe I expected to be open there was shut so it would have been rude not to take the ferry over to the other side for one, and I'm very grateful that I did. I'm very grateful to still be here and pottering about six years on, despite the frightful odds and sometimes less than user friendly aftermath.

I was puzzled as to where the strange platform thing that's been in the docks had gone but then I came home and found it! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-29138060

On the same section of the website I also read that a mud and straw house had collapsed and Uncle Tom Cobley and all had enjoyed Widecombe Fair and gave thanks for the slightly surreal juxtaposition! I was also grateful for this collection of gems http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29082338 - I'm not struck on the architecture but I adore the retro images. Spot the town centre Ted!

It was proper photogenic here today too... but just as lovely to my eyes was a clean and tidy flat to come home to (thanks to Jenny!) and, just as pleasing to my soul, a fish finger sarny and a much needed flollop on the sofa. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics