Monday 22 September 2014

As nice as pie

This morning I was very grateful I'd arranged to meet my friend from up Norther because only something as nice as that was worth winkling my worn out self from out from under the covers for! I give thanks that though sad circumstances formed our friendship it's lasted to share good times too...

I give thanks for a late bus causing a missed connection because (and yes, it took me hours to come up with these!) otherwise a) Lynn wouldn't have had a chance to check out where we were supposed to meet and decide we probably didn't want to and b) and c) a couple of disconnections wouldn't have happened in such relatively opportune places! I give thanks for dipping my toes and drying my clothes in a sunny lakeside spot...

I also give thanks for Lynn's relatively limited sense of direction so that she had taken us most of the way up Kirkstone pass before she realised that was where she was... And down the other side before she could change her mind. This was helpful for her confidence as well as helpful for my return journey! Oh and I give thanks for the unexpected fly past. No, I don't know what kind of plane it was but it whizzed past us low down over the lake while we're still wondering if it was a motorbike engine we could hear.

I give thanks for Booths for servicing the needs of those passing through  Lakes transport hubs so well.. And for serving such sweet and tasty pear and almond tarts that they can be shared... And room can be left for baked camembert suppers! Also for the bus I meant to catch back being late so I caught the one that stopped nearer the hotel and the view of the pretty light at the end of the boating day.



I give thanks for the coincidence of seeing this article this evening - I was just thinking about this man yesterday and I am humbled just as I was when I read about him first many years ago http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-29307830

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics