Thursday 4 September 2014

Use and ornament

This morning I was surprised how tired and achey I was until I remembered just how much walking I'd done yesterday between various places along the route of my day. I'd been grateful for all the sitting and lying down between the legs of the rambling journey (which made it possible) and to make recovery possible I gratefully spent a long time in bed today doing a little light consumer therapy and planning some other largely sedentary excursions. I give thanks for finding out some of the laptop problems I was having yesterday were actually website problems and are thus resolved though it's still been up to its 'no, I can't save this document at the moment' tricks...and equally annoying 'no, you can't use your bank account just now'!

I give thanks for finally getting up and getting it together to use the iron, the vacuum and the sewing machine (in small doses!) and to finish off this decoration...


I give thanks for a little bit of clotted cream left and edible which meant I just had to make a little scone for my tea...and for tang of autumn in the air which made staying indoors for it most acceptable. I give thanks for a peaceful phase in the immediate neighbourhood.

I give thanks for the friendly and efficient service offered by the Regent Hotel Ambleside. It's one of the more expensive places I've stayed in and I originally chose it because it was near a bus stop and a boat stop and served breakfast til noon; but having been there once I know it's worth every penny and have been saving up mine to go back. Today I sent them a message saying I have to have rice milk on morning cereals now and asking if this is something they could provide or if not whether they'd mind if I brought my own. Within the hour this is what they replied...

Thank you for your recent enquiry - we're looking forward to your stay.

Of course we'd be more than happy for you to bring your own and use that. We do have mini fridges which can be provided in the room, otherwise we can store the rice milk in our fridge and have it in a jug on the table for you when you arrive for your leisurely breakfast. If you struggle to get hold of the rice milk I can see if it is possible for the chefs to order some for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics