Saturday 6 September 2014

New trick

I was so sleepy when the phone rang yesterday evening I nearly didn't answer it, let alone answer in the affirmative to Laura's suggestion that we meet up for a little potter with Chumba this afternoon, but it's been quite a while since I've seen my old dog friend (and I do mean the one with four legs in case you're wondering!) and even though my joints kept waking me up in the night to tell me they didn't think it was a good idea in the end it was fine. I was grateful for some company and conversation and for getting out on the common above the town away from the common hoards and horizons commonly seen...

I gave thanks for a bit of a snooze after they left and for watching some long un caught up with TV including the final of Shed of the Year. Lovely to see a bit of Bearded Theory in the process...

It's been a rather unproductive day in many ways but I'm grateful for beating the growing pile of washing up into submission and for discovering the smelly thing in the fridge was some ageing goats' cheese that proved in the eating to taste a lot better than you might imagine, making a very nice pasta sauce with some leftover veggies. 

And I'm also grateful for working out how to proceed with the stripey strips I started making last week when I wanted something small and simple to make for the library project whilst watching subtitled TV. I've never crocheted knitting together before and with no instructions or photo wasn't sure how it would turn out but I'm really pleased with the effect and think it's a trick I may try again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics