Thursday 24 December 2015

Season's easings

I give thanks for everyone who reads my blog. I am honoured and humbled by your attention and wish you all whatever you would wish for yourselves this season..as long as it doesn't mean someone else doesn't get what they would wish for instead! If you grieve may you find comfort; if you are joyous may you pause to be mindful of your joy.

I give thanks for everyone who knows me personally and well enough to know, never mind putting up a tree or decorations, it's been hard enough to keep my smile up lately, and who've been doing what they can to make sure the elf on the shelf has the right kind of bracket below her eyes and nose. You know who you are! 

I give thanks for everyone who knows me personally, and who I haven't been in touch with recently. Know this not due to my lack of esteem or appreciation, but simply that I appreciate how busy and preoccupied you are and don't want to burden you with feeling you have to reply. You know who you are too!


I give thanks for the weather clearing up today so I could marvel at the juxtaposition of a cormorant fishing, a human swimmer, white horses over the sand spit, surfers finding a wave or two and sea going ships moored in the bay...oh and bunnies picnicking in the sun by the swimming pool! I give thanks I live somewhere where a moment's heart's ease isn't too hard to come by...

I give thanks for a twist of trans-Atlantic postal fate meaning there was a card waiting for me at the Post Office for my last pre-Christmas wishing visit. I give thanks for how many locals were shopping local, and for a Waitrose freebie cup of tea to pause with a while on the sea front without the milling crowds and the millstone shopping bags...plus a long late afternoon wallow for all the aches when I got home.

2 comments:

  1. WISHING YOU PEACE AND HEALING LIGHT THIS CHRISTMAS.X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I give thanks that I can call you friend, and thanks to FB for bringing us together again

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics