Saturday 12 December 2015

Bin there

I give thanks for a quieter night than I envisioned and for sleeping well until pain woke me up in time to see a particularly glowing dawn, for which I was quite grateful actually! I give thanks I decided to go back to autumn while winter's being so gentle still, I'm a lightweight and I prefer light weight on top of me... I give thanks for a trip to Morocco in my dreams, not any part of it I've been to but warm water sand ripple shallows to dip into and moreish Moorish architecture...

I give thanks for a quick feasibility study creating a predictably rational decision that singing carols in the library was not on this morning's songsheet even though there's a reserved book waiting I'd think I'd like to read and on Monday I've got to go and be scanned and can't collect it either...

I give thanks for finally making it to the kitchen for a cuppa and a slice of toast and having to go back for my specs in case my eyes were deceiving me - someone had tidied up all the side waste and general dumping around the communal bins! I do what I can when I can but there were enormous wet cardboard boxes that defeated me and they have simply disappeared... I'm grateful someone has also tidied up my office/craft table/spare bed (also known as the sofa) but I think that may have been me in an unremembered moment...

I give thanks for doing very little today but doing it with good grace and good humour...and for arranging to do more tomorrow... For some wavelets breaking over the sandbar for the jetskiers to jump over.  What's that? You can't see the jetskiers? Maybe they jump very high...or maybe it's a 'library' picture...


I give thanks for a misinterpreted communication with Liz leading to a coming across a nice little tune from the Stereophonics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4N8ZeM3LtM

I give thanks for having the words 'Beauty is a fleeting thing, it's memories we hold' returning frequently to my mind of late. I know where they come from so why I googled them I don't quite know... but if you do too you'll see that the the feeling has come round a few weeks early this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics