Wednesday 2 December 2015

Pity of tiny lights

I give thanks for the ladies and gent who thought to communicate virtually yesterday evening avoiding platitudes, writing h, u, g, and sentences that started 'At least...' but just talking to me as if I were a fully functional and worthy member of the human race, which I really didn't feel at the time and really appreciated.

I give thanks in my very dark mood I thought to switch on my twinkly twiggy bedroom lights...and take a photo of them. I always think it's a bit of a pity no one else ever sees them so now they are available for perusal by the entire population of the internet connected world. I'm grateful the other day I managed to at last find another flower the same colour as the two I bought several years ago...and for knowing I'm not the only person who gets a little bit excited about silk flowers!


I give thanks that my new kettle is fit for purpose and unperturbed at being constantly compared unfavourably to the one that went before... I'd hoped the colour wasn't quite as it appeared...but it was...though I'm grateful it kind of matches a new desk lamp I also got for the kitchen table too. I give thanks I don't have to work in a bad design department where plans for cheap looking cheap things must be created...

I give thanks that after many days of feeling very grumpy about not being able to be where I wanted to be or do what I wanted to do, I was simply feeling too miserable today to care. This is progress of sorts... I'm grateful I eventually decided to do some painting (now I have some light) and though I didn't get that far I did get as far as clearing the table (no mean feat) and getting the materials out, during the course of which I found a lost bag of Euro change somehow tucked in amongst them. I was very grateful for this, partly as it had perturbed me I could be so disorganised to lose it in the first place... and partly because finding it amongst my painting things made my life briefly seem so much more interesting than it is!

I give thanks that that all the neighbours went out for a little while and I could get my guitar down and play and sing. I give thanks that I managed to get all the way through my new song without any (major) errors causing words not scripted in the lyrics to appear, and that I even managed to record myself doing it...You can be very grateful I don't know how to attach a sound file to a blog post...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics