Tuesday 1 December 2015

Jolly good show

I give thanks for pruning the shrubbery. I did it yesterday morning but didn't get a chance to appreciate how much prettier it looked til evening time. And no it's not a euphemism - I really do have a collection of small bushes in my kitchen!

I give thanks for discovering Rachel too has thus far failed to reach unequivocal equanimity regarding her pet petulances, despite last week's mutual resolutions. Not that I wish any kind of discontent or disappointment on others you understand, most especially with themselves, but it helps me to be more forgiving of my own foibles to be reminded I'm not alone in not doing as well as I wish to. I give thanks for being able to be helpful by having just the ribbons she needed for some craft projects. and to her for thoughtfully helping me eat those potassium laden Thornton's chocolate caramels!

Today I give thanks to one Jenny for cleaning - especially the windows - and to another for driving me to some shops for necessaries such as a kettle and niceties such as snacks at Costa and seasonal treats from Lidl. I give thanks for her thoughtful assistance when I suddenly had to leave the queue and my basket behind, and for feeling quite well and fit today so that I could do a reasonable sprint around the shops to find a disabled loo without a queue. I give thanks like most stoma patients I never go far from my emergency kit, and I probably should give thanks I live in the UK too, as if not I would be tempted to keep a small pistol in there to shoot slow moving humans blocking my path to restoring my dignity...or simply to shoot myself in the head, because no matter flip and philosophical I act it breaks my heart every time.

I give thanks for my washing machine to wash my clothes, my bath to wash my body and lots of lots of paper hankies...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics