Monday 28 December 2015

Eastward go!

I give thanks for talking to Bob last night...for the first time in what I suspect was actually 365 days! We were commiserating about the perils of would be perfectionism in creative endeavour...and I give thanks he understands why I was, as we spoke, downloading a free office suite for my newish laptop so I could try to work on a story that arrived in my head pretty much narratively complete on a trip to Westward Ho! years ago, but which needs the necessary words more pleasingly arranged (if I can ever decide exactly what is most pleasing!)...and which steadfastly refuse to leave my head alone...

I give thanks the neighbourhood was quiet in the night so that I could fall asleep listening to the waves and wake to the sound of the wind. I give thanks to the Coen Bros for directing my dreams in between...

Today the aches have been a pain, but I give thanks for not feeling ill apart from the pesky cabin fever, nor particularly weary apart from weary of the world.

I give thanks for briefly braving the crowds getting rid of the excess pounds avoirdupois along the eastern beaches and then the pounds sterling in the shops...I give thanks they seemed to be having a good time...and that I liked the way the sea looked.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics