Monday 21 December 2015

Under sided

We're all swans...or submarines...or flotsam...with more going on under the surface than we show (even to those we don't have to put on a show for) and for someone so distant from closeness it can be easy to think your hidden side is so dark you're Darth Vader's wicked little sister, so I give thanks that during self chastisement for various thought crimes as I washed my hair, I stopped to rescue a tiny spider from the bath...and stopped to realise I'm not so bad really!

I give thanks for Jan's description of a particularly healthy vegan recipe last night making me laugh aloud for the first time for a couple of days (it's OK, she knows!) and, desperately trying to find something in a hurry to drown out upstairs radio when I was busy on line, coming across some reggae and ska classics on Youtube making me want to get up and dance for the first time in a couple of weeks... and remember my favourite ever version of Hurt So Good - by the Luminites in their BGT audition (which is padded on here by staged promo clips but is still worth a listen from about two and a half mins in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na2f2yLSwAg)

I give thanks for going to knit and natter and exchange season's greetings...plus secret Santa gifts that allocated themselves better than they might have done.

I give thanks for finally giving in to sales pitch for a Bodyshop card as I've discovered they do some pretty amazing special offers if you do, like 40% off, free postage and free tub of body butter...I give thanks that thus, after asking myself what I wanted, I have a suitable seasonal gift from me to me!

I give thanks for seeing Christmas decorations from outside. My commitment to sparkle is doubtful this year, and I'm finding it hard to summon up enough enthusiasm for so much as a twinkle in my eye...but glittery things in windows when I'm in the dark still transport me back to my four year old wonder at experiencing my first Christmas on the mainland...

I give thanks to Laura for spotting these in the woods the other day...I might be undecided about the festivities but I'm still up for a little fungi


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics