Monday 7 December 2015

Thirty seven



I give thanks for having itchy ears last night so that I took my earplugs out and could listen to the soft rain falling...and an owl in the distance calling softly...

Um...gosh...now what? I'm grateful to Colin for coming up with...oh I don't know, thirty seven different pretty good suggestions for stuff I could write in today's post? Shame I can't remember any of them now...but hey, it is my gratitude blog you know and thus my responsibility!

I give thanks for a good forecast for surfing weather down here last night, and a pretty and promising start to the day... And I give thanks for companionable afternoon finding alternative entertainment when wind and waves were not forthcoming.

I give thanks for drinking a quarter of a pint of beer in a country pub at lunchtime...which is more alcohol than I normally drink in a couple of months and a time of day I've not drunk any in for decades... Might have something to do with my memory loss, but it warms the cockles of my heart to still get a chance to act unexpectedly and out of commonly perceived character now and then. I'm grateful for that. Thanks Colin...(yes, you're definitely in it today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics