Sunday 13 December 2015

So much more

Last night I was thinking I'd start this post giving thanks for a great night out - not that I was having one, you understand, but just to check you were paying attention at the back! In fact I give thanks for a pretty good night in, considering I was all alone and my left hand is still refusing to do any of the things a left hand is good for (knitting, playing the guitar, operating cutlery - pay attention at the back!) I give thanks for recording and rationing the few things on TV I enjoy, and enjoying a couple of episodes of a couple of them, for eventually winning over a tin of Danish Butter Cookies determined to keep itself to itself...and then dreaming I was on a night out...

Today I give thanks for a great day with Gary. I know! Out with favourite boys twice in less than a week...must be an ah in the month! More thanks for more beach, more sharing of food, laughter, reminiscences and confidences, more references to the cheapness of my dateness... Well, I'm easily pleased in the right company, you know! 


And this evening I give thanks for another quiet night in...more solitary snoozing with my aches and pains on the sofa, more TV remote and biscuit tin controlling...more contemplating tomorrow's logistical conundrums and coming up with no satisfactory solutions... What will be will be...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics