Friday 11 December 2015

Seize the play

I give thanks for sleeping quite soundly and waking feeling sound in mind and body - no pain, or misery or any other miserable symptoms. I give thanks for savouring this temporary delight while the watching the pretty dawn break and listening to birdsong in the gardens below...

After two days of feeling too sore to do much at all I give thanks I saw sense and resisted the urge to go out and play, but gave my best endeavours to catching up with all the undone things on my to do list before the good feeling came undone as well. For feeling 'Oh well' when I realised I couldn't carry any more shopping or walk another step and being filosophical when the deli was out of spinach and feta pie...

I give thanks for the cure of Robert Smith singing a day appropriate song to me on a dreary bus ride, while Ian entertained me with alliteration games on Facebook...for this rather witty charity shop window display...


I give thanks for my various noise reduction devices - I think it's going to be a bit of a sociable night on the terrace. Or I could drown sounds out with my groans - there are pains that hurt so good and then there are these ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics