Wednesday 23 December 2015

They also dance

Um...Well, let me see...I could say I give thanks for yesterday's evening of Romance in the air, but that would be disingenuous as it was due to choosing a different blend of incense when my favourite Celestial was out of stock! I give thanks for all the romantic outcomes featured on the last First Dates of the season though...love looks to be a splendid thing and I'm grateful for its magical mystery that comes in as many guises as there are participants. I give thanks too, as of course I must , to the also rans and bit part players...we have our roles to play...

I give thanks for hearing for the first time an exquisitely apposite quote from Gabriel Garcia Marquez...
'No matter what, nobody can take away the dances you've already had...'

I give thanks for not having to participate much in much today, as neither the spirit nor the flesh have been at their best. I give thanks for attempting a few trifling things... soaking sponges in port and making jelly for instance,  but energy, enthusiasm and even my low grade expertise were lacking. I give thanks that no one seeks my company for my haute cuisine...but that Laura bravely checked the state of the dessert with me after a serving of rustic pasta and we've declared it fit to share with Mr and Mrs Masterchef tomorrow!

I give thanks for the bright sunshine in the morning, just right for those bustling about... And for not being tempted to go to the Post Office to check if there's any more Christmas mail for me, as if there weren't I might have to go tomorrow and be disappointed twice...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics