Wednesday 16 December 2015

The article and the wave

It's been necessary to be early to bed and late to rise recently, so I give thanks the novel I'm reading contains history, natural history, oceanography and hints and tips on Zen thinking (and non-thinking) as well as a well written storyline, thus comprising a whole bookshelf in one! I gave particular thanks for the (surprising but appropriate) page I read this morning where a Buddhist nun was on a beach comparing surfers to waves, though it made me yearn to go to waviest beaches north of this county or the one next door and watch the long lines on the water roll in from the horizon to rise and break before the shore...and have to talk sense to myself instead... 

I give thanks for attending instead to my resolution to offer more metta towards myself - I'm so much better at remembering to practice forgiveness, compassion and tenderness where others are concerned...

I give thanks for persevering and overcoming many challenges from recalcitrant parts and articles this morning, and well into the afternoon as well.  I give thanks that neither the locals nor the local council seem to have fully grasped what to do with the communal recycling bins here so that I had to move my creakiness down the hill a bit to deposit stuff in the big collection points instead, and that there was just enough room in those for my additions. I give thanks for thus seeing something I never remember seeing here before...long lines on the water roll in from the horizon to rise and break before the shore!

I give thanks for watching a rather pleasing display of surfing by the one guy who seemed to have spotted the tidal anomaly in time to take advantage... and for coming across a rather pleasing window display of Christmas lights...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics