Tuesday 29 December 2015

Have I got muse for you?

I give thanks for the bright mild weather, ideal for being out and about. I give thanks for a double yolk egg for my omelette. I give thanks for sewing some seams of the garment I've been making up and slowly making, and yes it seems to be cardigan shaped.

I give thanks that neither my mind nor my body were in the mood for going anywhere today - it's easiest when they're in agreement I find. I give thanks there was no one who wanted or expected me to be anywhere - I'm in far too disagreeable a mood for that!  And yes, there might be some could turn my mood around but I would find it even more disagreeable if others seemed to have control over my humour, I'm sure, so I'm grateful not to find out!

I give thanks that the muse doesn't mind, she thrives on moody and mardy! There's me thinking I was going to be rewriting a story and suddenly there's a poem wants to be brought into being too... I don't know, anyone would think I had nothing better to do but sit about all day and...
Oh...
Yes...right...

It begins like this, and there appear to be a few more verses on the way. Let me know if you'd like to hear the rest. (I give thanks it's my blog and I can include them even if you don't!) It seems to be called Trust Me - she thinks up the names as well!

The one you see it is not me
The real one stayed behind
Inside a place I'd rather be
A time that seemed more kind

My puppet self can well portray
The character you're casting
You paint the scenes with words I say
The set and stage outlasting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics