Friday 4 December 2015

Less homeless

I give thanks for watching a programme about being homeless at Christmas to remind myself how lucky I am. I was struck by what should be obvious - how homeless is to do with not having an emotional home as well as a bricks and mortar one - and that made me more grateful as it reminded me I could have done a lot worse with the hand of cards life's dealt me. I give thanks that though there are ways in which it has way too much in common with a homeless hostel here, actually it isn't...

I give thanks for being listened to, and understood, for some good advice and kind encouragement, and something I can't quite name as I've not the experience, but which feels a little like...support?

I give thanks to Jenny for taking me out on a driven potter around some of our beautiful local coves, and even a short walked stretch of coast path. Of course, technically I walk on the coast path fairly often but when it's between the doctor's and the Post Office here it doesn't relieve that endless ache for feeling free. I give thanks for her sharing her packed lunch after I made mine but left it behind...and thus for the second evening in a row having a pre-packed tea!

I give thanks that though the motivation was mostly for her to try out her new camera, mine brought home some pretty pleasing images too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics