Wednesday 30 December 2015

Feta compli

I give thanks for the seductively stormy weather - well it takes all sorts I guess but I love a good storm me! Unfortunately I was in far too much pain for it to succeed in luring me outdoors to fully experience its glory...it's been one of those days when everything has hurt too much to do much of anything for long... sitting, standing, lying sleeping, cooking, cleaning, typing, weeping...

I give thanks for rotating position and activity much as possible to spread the discomfort around. For simply resisting absolutely unnecessaries like brushing my hair, but sticking with the tasks where pay off is worth the discomfort - like making feta pastries. If you've ever had my feta pastries you will understand - little morsels of comfort for body and soul.

I give thanks for a vicarious hike in the Himalayas (ah, the Hunza valley - long have I dreamed!), and vaguely intellectual pointlessness of Endeavour (I've wanted to go to the Oxford Natural History Museum for a very long time too and it gets a look in now and then, plus I'm a sucker for a few bars of Barrington Pheloung and a spot of sixties memorabilia!)

I give thanks the neighbours have been much quieter the last couple of days - much appreciated! No, they don't read my blog...  I haven't forgotten the poem, and give thanks for your encouragement. On the last verse now (I think)

I give thanks for bright mimosa blossom in the rain...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics