Sunday 6 December 2015

Just looking

I give thanks for left over feta, basil, tiny tomatoes, yellow pepper and pastry needing eating up, plus a fresh red onion and jar of olives. Didn't have to look at those for long last night and wonder what to make for tea...tempting to even the most jaded appetite and/or appetite for cooking for one...

I give thanks for access to so many kinds of foods - nothing on that list of ingredients was known to me growing up, except puff pastry and we had to make that from scratch...

I give thanks for the Coastwatch team confirming they too have no idea what the big boxlike structure being towed around the bay the last few days is actually for...

I give thanks for finding an interesting cloud photo I took a few weeks back and forgot about...


I give thanks for waking up cosy, without too many sounds I'd rather not be hearing, or too many aches and pains. 

I give thanks for the strange yellow light at and after sunrise...a dawn filtered through white clouds like the sunset was last night I'm supposing....

I give thanks for everyone who wakes up with something to look forward to, something to be pleased about now. For everyone who pleases, and has someone looking forward to them. For everyone who has something to believe in and somewhere to belong.  And for everyone who doesn't... I think maybe there have to be people on the outside so the ones on the inside know they're not...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics