Monday 15 September 2014

In the midst of it all

I'm grateful when I knocked over a glass and it rolled across the worktop I managed to catch it in time before it hit the floor ...and that it was already empty too!

I'm grateful for completing the first round of crochet border round the blanket I've been making for a year or two...and I'm grateful I didn't make it any bigger!

I'm grateful for a lovely patch of stillness here this morning when all was quiet within earshot for an hour or two...

I'm grateful for a Jenny letting me know she'd be able to give me a lift home from knitting so I could do some shopping on the way, and for Rachel saying she'd bring some bread for tea as I couldn't find the sort I like.

I'm grateful for another Jenny coming up with lots of helpful and well thought out suggestions for someone who was feeling very negative and as if nothing could be done. I'm hopeless at dealing with people who get in that mood of 'Oh, but you don't understand how awful my life is...let me tell you about it some more'. I do know the feeling and I do know you want to tell people how horrible it is but in my own experience the more you do the less it goes away because you don't redirect your energy into trying to change what you can and being more accepting of what you can't...and enjoying the present moment as much as you can. I'm so grateful I'm learning to be grateful and for all the difficulties in my life that have helped me so far...

I'm grateful I've finished making my new 'mid season' top because my mid season jumper has turned out a bit too cosy for today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics