Wednesday 1 October 2014

Get up in the morning

This morning I was grateful for the soft warm sunshine streaming in my south facing windows since I was feeling particularly soft myself and in need of late lounging in my bedroom. But I also gave thanks when it clouded over with sporadic showers as I find it much easier to laze lengthily indoors when the weather's a tad less clement. I gave thanks for remembering the light on the lake before the day got busy...


I give thanks for thinking 'It's about time there was a new season of QI', looking it up and seeing it starts this week! Also for remembering I haven't watched all of the last one yet. I save them for when I most need to laugh out loud and preferably when there aren't too many neighbours around - I don't want them banging on the door shouting 'I want some of what she's having instead'

I give thanks for phoning my electric company. No, really, I do indeed because a cheerful and (apparently) competent advisor answered the questions the website couldn't because it was having a hissy fit and confirmed I was nicely in credit and my Warm Home Discount application had been received so that I may be even more so in due course...

I give thanks for some BBC4 documentaries reminding me of hit songs and hot fashions of my younger years and that, should anyone ever want to bring me round from a coma (or worse), they ought to try Desmond Dekker's Israelites before anything more invasive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics