Tuesday 14 October 2014

Head down

I'm grateful my local surgery's new repeat prescription ordering service doesn't let you order stuff you've not had for a few weeks because I'm sure it's very helpful in stopping patients inappropriately self medicating or otherwise abusing the system or themselves. In my case I wanted things that weren't medication (and would have limited black market value or appeal!) but as I was having a day when the pain was being a pain it was good to have a reason to go out in the almost warm sunshine to sort it out. I'm grateful I decided to take a few small lightweight donations to the food bank collection point on the way because it's always good to think of others less fortunate than yourself... and, when the café it's in was shut, small lightweight things weren't too difficult to lug about!

I'm grateful I didn't have much very demanding to do and for the friendly folk I met while doing it. Also that when I was sitting at the bus stop, hugging bags and trying to stay awake, I saw someone who used to be friendly shopping nearby and thought to get my phone out and my head down as if texting so that if she saw me she wouldn't have to speak if she didn't want to or feel awkward about not offering me a lift.

I'm grateful for getting home and an easy but tasty leftovers lunch before a lovely sleep in a patch of peacefulness so profound it was as if time had come to a halt as well. When it's quiet here it's very quiet indeed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics