Thursday 16 October 2014

Good and green

I'm grateful I've realised how ungrateful I've been lately and have decided to try to be more aware. All that whingeing about what food I can and cannot eat is very spoilt and first worldish. I am very grateful for the fact I still have a need for food as I'd have been dead many times over if not for access to a developed health care system. I'm also grateful I can actually eat almost anything I like from a vast array of ingredients and products - many readily available in my own home at the click of a few keys - and it's entirely up to me how healthy or otherwise my diet is. I'm grateful I can make informed choices and can pick and choose from information sources too - and that if I choose to risk death by chocolate, fruit cake or jacket potato then that is up to me.

I give thanks I can still prepare and serve my own food either starting from scratch or using a ready made dish or component. Yes, sometimes it would be extremely fine and dandy to have a caterer and waiter here on hand, to say nothing of a washer up...but how lovely to be in charge of pretty much what you consume and when, and not have to be grateful for something you don't particularly want or like.

I give thanks for the pleasure of being outdoors for a short while earlier...and for that while being the brightest and driest part of the day. I give thanks for good natured cab and bus drivers, and various personnel in the shops and businesses I went to including some bantering GPs in the surgery carpark. I give thanks for Specsavers selling me my favourite pair of glasses ever...the lenses are just right, prisms and all and the frames are gorgeously green!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics