Tuesday 7 October 2014

Spiked

This morning I was still giving thanks for those waves yesterday, plus the bright moon last night and a flash or two of even brighter lightning...  I was grateful to get going fairly early and vigorously, presumably as a result of my acupuncture rather than the rather demanding choir practice, and this meant when the wool shop I went to right by the station didn't have the yarn I was sure they would, I was able to risk a detour to a shop I was pretty sure wouldn't but did! I'm grateful I'd already realised the new one I was delighted to find on line was in a city of the same name on a completely different continent and that there was something to bring home at the end of the day as, after three long poky and painful attempts at persuading my veins to accept the iron, they and the staff gave up and I was sent home unfilled.

I'm grateful for the companionableness of the crowded trains and buses...for the girl squashed next to me on one bending down to retrieve something I dropped and a lady I'd been chatting to about knitting showing me pictures on her phone of hedgehogs she'd made that made that have inspired me to look for the pattern.


I was grateful for the sights of the day - a carrier bag flying high free above the city street, and another one being used by someone in a wheelchair as an impromptu waterproof hat, long shadows on the bristly harvested fields, surprise pink patches of cyclamen in shadowy spots and a dazzling double rainbow cheering up a slow bumpy grumbly ride home. And for the scents - I've finally found a new perfume I like after Lush willfully discontinued my favourite. This one's by Lush too and I like it as much as Nag Champa which, as anyone who knows my nose knows, means I like it a lot. However, as I haven't actually bought any yet I have to keep sniffing my sample sprayed wrists and might have to not wash up tonight to let it linger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics