Wednesday 29 October 2014

Boxing clever

I set myself three targets today: 1) to get out of bed before midday (and stay out)  2) to get a load of washing done  and 3) make an attempt at making a collar for a dress that I've (not) been making for weeks. I'm grateful that I managed the first two (the first one with two minutes to spare) and that technically I also managed an attempt at the collar, though it proved far too complicated out of both practice and patterns as I am.

Unfortunately, every time I use my sewing machine nowadays I find myself wondering if I could afford a better one and I usually have to get on my hands and knees and wrestle with the table it's on too and wonder what to do about the drop leaf that's broken and will neither stay up nor down but dangles at an angle. I'm grateful for having quite a thorough investigation today and deciding it could be fixed firmly, albeit probably a bit bodgily, by someone with more brute force, skill with tools and maybe a car to pop down to the hardware store, but I never have anyone handy handy these days so I'm grateful for finding some sturdy boxes to prop it up with for now.

I give thanks for the burst of bergamot when you open a new packet of Earl Grey. I give thanks for an accidentally just right boiled egg and some toast and tasty butter. I give thanks for resisting entering a bidding war for some Sikkim Girls perfume products on eBay because they're not in a packaging form I recognise from the Lush shops here and it would be disappointing to find they didn't smell the same either!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics