Friday 10 October 2014

Black and white and read

Typing through gritted teeth I'm grateful on behalf of those who live within reach of the galleries where they have photography exhibitions. Pretty much always seem to be in London (where I can't really go without a minder these days) so I am so grateful for the tasters I get on the internet sometimes, though this isn't eye candy where a nibble will do...this is eye haute cuisine/comfort food and I'd like several platefuls please! Look at this short film...don't you want to look at each individual image for at least four minutes and twelve seconds? No? Do you live in London...maybe you'd like to swap homes with me?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29521098

This morning I failed to attend the second meeting of the local fibromyalgia support group having also failed to make it to the first one, though to be fair I hadn't noticed it was happening til it was too late to get organised by not going out or doing anything strenuous yesterday. I'm grateful there is a group as I know a lot of people get a lot from this sort of getting together but am not entirely convinced my attitude to talking about (let alone listening to others talking about) illness (let alone several other conversational topics) would be a welcome addition to the gathering, though I intend to give it a go and say hello next time. It's been the sort of day when I'm grateful merely for getting up and dressed, getting some food and getting the washing on...and I am indeed! 

This afternoon I've failed to do pretty much anything except send a couple of texts, pack up a couple of small items that need sending and have a couple of naps. I was thinking of having a bath, an early tea and going back to bed so I'm grateful I checked the TV schedules and have spotted a new Lewis (or should I say Hathaway) starts tonight so I can factor in at least recording that... And I'm grateful for hearing someone else I've never met reads my blog. I like that it's not just people I know being kind...or worrying I might ask questions later!

2 comments:

  1. I like the questions later bit Gabi : ))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a little chuckle when you said your not entirely convinced your attitude to talking about and listening to others talking about illness would be a welcome addition. I have come across such groups in the past where any attempt to be positive is crushed. Really sad when they are like that. There are some good ones though, so it is often a matter of trying them to find out. I hope yours is a one of the good ones!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics