Saturday 11 October 2014

On a pier day

Last night I was grateful for another impromptu nap which rendered me able to stay up to watch Lewis...and, talking of coppers, I give thanks for the delicious contrast of those autumn leaves against a pewter sky!

This morning I was grateful I had to get out of bed in a hurry to avert a diversion problem, though my fine motor skills are especially lacking for an hour or two after I wake up and, at the time, I was a bit disappointed I couldn't have left the task for later. As it turns out it's been one of those days when my 'stroke' hand never really wakes up properly at all and I give thanks for all the things I've dropped that haven't broken or made too much of a mess, and that I've only one small cut from a kitchen knife.

And talking of cuts, I'm grateful that I had to go out and get a key copied and posted to the new building managers because the freeholder has failed to respond to their requests to be provided with one. I'm not sure why he tries to make things so difficult for everyone but I'm grateful for remembering to have compassion for the poor soul, and I give thanks they've turned to me for help and maybe we can start getting repairs and maintenance done soon. 

I also give thanks for my usual perfect meteorological timing I was outdoors not under those rainy grey clouds but a bright blue washed sky in astonishingly warm and spectacularly clear sunshine. I'm grateful the pier was open for a rest and a cuppa, and for remembering not to try to get a photo of something my camera's not very good at, like vistas of sea and sky...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics