Saturday 25 October 2014

Missing in inaction

After a much more physically demanding week than is comfortable, plus another vaccination, last night I was grateful I got some food together before descending into several sorts of horizontal for the next eighteen hours. And after being grateful for my sofa and bath and bed, I was grateful I got up and made some hasty tasty pasta for lunch before a couple of naps. Now I'm grateful I've woken up in time to have a cuppa and watch the sky darken as I write my blog. The days when people would notice and wonder if I were OK if I didn't are long gone, but I'd worry about myself if not! For once I'm also grateful for my usual weekend lack of social interaction  - it would be a shame if I had to let people down, turn down invitations or cancel plans. Like others whose lives have been limited by illness, sometimes I catch myself missing the one I had before. Today I'm simply missing...

I give thanks for some light reading (that's weight as much as content) and for my littlest neighbour bringing my parcels upstairs for me though I'm too inanimate to examine their contents yet...yes, even the one from Joe Brown's! I give thanks I think I might still make a spicy aubergine dish for tea...though if not that there's bread to toast instead.

3 comments:

  1. i read (and am grateful for) your blog every single day. your posts inspire me to stay strong and carry on - such a beautiful gift :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Days long gone? I look for and read your blog every day. Zach and I are instant friends, because we value your posts so much. Days easy or difficult, or in between -- your remarks are a blessing, and MUCH valued in these quarters. I write from California, US, if that interests you. Haven't been to the UK in 8 years. Best wishes. Grateful to you. b.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind words guys! It's nice to know my efforts are appreciated but I hope I didn't give the impression I thought someone should say they were :-) I was remembering the early days of writing as a 'terminal' patient when people would assume, if I didn't post by the time of day they expected, there was something bad going on rather than I might be busy having fun... Bless them!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics