Tuesday 21 October 2014

Stepped up

Straight after typing and tea yesterday I fell straight asleep which didn't bode well for going to choir but I'd already been grateful for the intent...and was even more so when I woke up 45 mins later, in plenty of time to be bleary eyed for a bit and even have a crumpet and jam to boost my calorie level for a chilly walk down the hill. I give thanks for a particularly harmonious and companionable practice and much mirth in the carpark afterwards, followed by assistance from yet another Jenny in the shape of a lift home!

Exhausted, I've been giving thanks for much rest and recuperation today, and for the entertainment of watching and listening to the weather - howls and squeaks and groans of wind, patter and hurl of rain, golden light and rainbows on grey cloud and whirling copter keys. Only a few weeks ago something small fluttering in the air might be a leaf or butterfly but now they're all leaves and for much of the day zooming past the window horizontally. I give thanks for the times when I was up, once or twice even up a small ladder attending to elevated chores...but also for the ones when I was horizontal, zooming through snoozes and a paperback.

I give thanks for seeing a van from our new management company collect various items of misdisposed furniture from outside. None of it was mine and you might think I might be cross at the thought of having to pay a share of removal costs for an eyesore I'd not been part of creating, but it had begin to cross my mind I should consider hiring someone to get rid of the local heap so it's a definite improvement on that. Also (as long as copies were sent to the flats where the owners are!) I give thanks for receiving a letter from them about not leaving bikes in the hallways, as I do find it difficult shimmying round them sometimes...

I give thanks for discovering a third series of Secret Street Crew secreted in the repeat filled schedules and almost overlooked. Particular thanks for the one where a rather unfit and preoccupied family failed to learn the whole routine they'd planned for a twenty-first present for a daughter who'd had a difficult year...and Diversity joined in to finish it off. Now that will be a birthday to remember! And though I've not seen it yet there's an episode with wheelchairs at last - I'm grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics