Monday 20 October 2014

Stars and stripes

I give thanks for all the surprisingly bright stars outside my window when I got up to open it in the night...and for it being so mild that I had to. 

I'm grateful for getting the necessities in town - two sorts of tea bags, milk, crumpets and biscuits to share - and for a natter with the ladies who nibble.

My knitting digits are decidedly uncooperative today, so I give thanks for leaving my snake in it's basket and making a few inches of bunting cord instead...and for Linda and (a different) Jenny making some triangles for it as well. Gratitude too for completing another couple of rows of the 'dining room' seat covers I'm making...and that it's just a table for two in the kitchen!


I'm grateful for a different Jenny giving me a lift home, and that I'd forgotten another Jenny was cleaning my flat while I was out so it was a nice surprise to see everything spick and span. Is your head spinning? I give thanks that Mr Tesco made me a saucy fishcake to eat after Rachel wasn't able to bring the fish pie hinted at, and that I'm fairly optimistic about making it to choir a bit later on even though she's not here to take me. Just feeling you might is a whole lot better than it seeming impossible...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics