Sunday 19 October 2014

The birds and the bees

I give thanks for Butterkist toffee popcorn. I must have had it before but I don't remember that crunchiness... Most satisfying, haven't had as much fun making a pig of myself since I had to stop making a pig of myself on chocolate!

I give thanks for waking to the sound of geese flying over. I was trying to fit it into my dream, where it might have slotted in quite nicely, but was grateful to wake up anyway as I'd promised myself a stroll in the sun and it takes me so long to get going and go anywhere.

I'm grateful I pre-booked the warm as summer day but it was a shame I didn't pre-book the cake I had in mind to go with my takeaway tea as they didn't have any and I had to have something long life pre-wrapped and so solid I didn't need anything else for hours. It was one of those days when I'd have liked to go a wandering with someone else so I was very grateful there were lots of folk around I was very grateful not to be with! I do give thanks that so many families and friends were able to enjoy being together though...and for a brief chat with another solitary soul.


I give thanks for the sparkle, the buzz of late bees on late flowers and for coming home to a rest and a bit of knitting and sewing. I'm grateful I managed to easily mend something I had worried might be harder and for raiding the freezer for tea...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics