Thursday 9 October 2014

Ready unsteady

What often happens after a day of being largely dead to the world is that the next one there's more energy but also more pain and stiffness so that the sensible thing is to try and move about as much as possible to try to limber things up. Sometimes I manage to go out again even though I'm more than usually dishevelled and stagger about like an extra from a zombie apocalypse movie... Thus I give thanks the bus stop's not far away and that there's a small town a scenic bus ride from here where and that's quite normal and I blend in well!

I give thanks for the wind whipping up little wiggly white waves on the grey waters of the estuary right inland to where it's a river and for a traffic island planted with a diverse variety of trees that begins to be particularly pretty this time of year.

I give thanks for the difficulties I have going about my business without a car (trading estates are particularly jading to the joints) are offset by the pleasures of gazing out of windows and thinking on buses and trains. Getting your head round things is ultimately far more rewarding than merely getting things!

Nonetheless I give thanks for finding some more yarns to go with the various balls in my stash I'm planning to use up in new and ongoing projects (some of which will in turn become leftovers no doubt!) and some easier to hold knitting needles to go with them so that I could start something when I got home that's been in my head for a while and get further than I expected I possibly could.

I give thanks that a sit down doing that, plus chopping the veg before I went out, means now I'm ready to stand up to make tea it's almost ready to eat! Oh and for a pearly pink sea this evening reflecting the sunset tinged clouds...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics