Sunday 5 October 2014

Check this out

I give thanks the noisiest folk in the neighbourhood have either been away or away with the fairies this weekend, so that the area's been very quiet - even the dogs have hardly barked though last night a gentleman owl did call for a lady to woo! I find the peacefulness delightfully soothing (and ideal for snoozing of course!) but I'm grateful I've stayed upright to work on a couple of crafty projects including finishing off this blanket so I can take it to the charity it's destined for when I'm in that part of town tomorrow...


I give thanks for my Sunday not roast. I've never understood why slabs of animal are quite such popular fare but once in a while I did enjoy the veggie equivalent, until root crops sizzled in the oven went the way of nuts and tomato puree with Marmite and Vecon (which makes the most delicious gravy ever!)...so even having a couple of spoonfuls of a hazel and almond loaf with some savory rice was very nice. The upside of having to drastically limit your intake of erstwhile favourite foods is that the tiny portions you are allowed are the source of such intense pleasure, and similarly last night I enjoyed two squares of chocolate - two of the ones you probably thought were a decorative textural feature in those miniature Green & Black's bars! I give thanks that abstinence makes the taste buds fonder and can also cause you to lose pounds (avoirdupois) and gain pounds (sterling). I give thanks I had a few extra of the former and can always use a few more of the last!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics