Thursday 30 October 2014

Funny turn

A remarkable thing happened last night - for an hour or so I felt better than I have done for weeks, if not months or years! I get these random interludes sometimes, and not only do they feel amazing physically, but they are always a mental relief as well because otherwise I get to thinking everything being incredibly hard work must be how everyone feels all of the time and I've just become pants at dealing with it. And then I remember what well is like for a little while... It didn't last, and yes that's a bit sad, but I gave a lot of thanks for the memory.

There are bits of most days when I feel better than other bits, but usually it's just a subtle gradation and those interludes pass in a blur of dealing with domestic and health care necessities with a touch more vigour and less of a sensation that I'm wading through almost set concrete to do so. Anything do with prescriptions is always wading, and I give thanks both for internet access and that I was blessed at birth with many wits so that the ones remaining about me can be put to good use negotiating the various pitfalls in getting my hands on medical supplies. Today this included randomly rising and leaning out of the kitchen window just in time to spot a delivery driver who had both failed to scan my parcel at the depot, so that I had no idea when he might arrive, and to follow the instructions on it to phone me so that I knew that he had! Much gratitude for this lucky chance interception.

Unable to wander far or wide, I've been grateful for lots of drizzle, low dark cloud and fog the last forty eight hours - just right for lolling indoors. On the other hand gratitude too for the strangely warm and sunny windows wide open afternoon today. The air was full of flying things, confused insects with spring in their wings, helicopters and light planes. I was reminded of this '3D' bookmark I bought the other day with a tree that goes through four seasons as you turn it or your head, and which I've paused between summer and autumn here. I saw a poster like this a couple of years ago and was entranced but couldn't think where to put it. so I was very grateful to find a pocket version!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics