Wednesday 8 October 2014

Bright now

One of the reasons I'm grateful for an acupuncture treatment is that I usually get a few hours afterwards when my body works better...after that, of course, I usually get a day or two when it seems to hardly work at all! Today I've been very grateful that the latter has happened on a day when I haven't had to do much beyond the most basic things and for the perfect weather for staying home doing/not doing just that.  I give thanks for enough sunshine to keep the place warm, and enough wind and rain to make it sound even cosier indoors. I give thanks for leftovers and for living on toast in between them... I give thanks for discovering that, though I really don't like watching TV in the daytime (not even non-daytime TV!) I'm not adverse to taking something downloaded on a tablet to snuggle up back in bed with in the afternoon!

I give thanks for an armchair trip to Norway...
http://twistedsifter.com/videos/norway-timelapse-by-morten-rustad/

...and an only slightly more vigorous spot of boat building...


I give thanks for the growing glow of orange outside my windows now, and the new views beginning to show between the leaves...

I give thanks for knowing your future will be brighter when you stop thinking your present isn't bright enough!

3 comments:

  1. Your story is inspirational and I have often checked your blog since seeing it featured in Positive News back in 2012.

    I thought I would comment and let you know I appreciate your outlook, because I now how nice it is to know a human reads my blog posts!


    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pete! Agree with you regarding humans...and am always amazed and humbled when I find out humans I don't actually know read my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I found your blog via the Positive News article several years ago. I often pop in read it, then it occurred to me how nice I feel when I get the odd random comment from a human on my blog, so I thought I would 'play it forward' so to speak :)

      Delete

Web Statistics