Sunday 26 October 2014

Little things

I give thanks for the extra hour, for smart technology for being smart enough to change automatically... and for the clocks and watches that don't reminding us that it's been done.

Although I have complicated feelings about both remembrance and surveillance, I give thanks for the GCHQ staff creating a poppy...
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/gchq-spies-in-red-rain-ponchos-create-giant-poppy-ahead-of-remembrance-day-9815842.html

Only took an hour for them to get organised apparently...if you ask me they're studying the wrong thing, starlings know what to do, and we still don't quite know how or why. I give thanks for murmuration, and if you do too (or even if you don't!) you can record what you see in a survey so scientists can find out more.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-29599792

I think I give thanks that Joe Brown's have altered their sizing so that size 8 now fits me just right. It's good news for the charity shops that will probably now receive all the things I have that are just too big, but possibly not for my bank balance as I'd not bought anything from them for a couple of years due to the sizing thing and that their styles are often hard to alter.

I give thanks for catering for myself quite well for the last couple of days so that today I've been able to live off leftovers and use my limited energy for cleaning and tackling the mound of washing up. I give thanks for knitting a few rows of my snake...things will be coming to a head soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics