Thursday 20 September 2018

Homeless

Last night I dreamt I was in a homeless hostel desperate for a mug of tea and eggs on toast but too embarrassed to ask so I pretended to be a volunteer! I give thanks my subconscious is doing the fretting for me!

Today I give thanks for tackling the sitaution from various angles. I called in offers of boxes and assistance packing them and went to see numerous estate agents in town including the one selling the flat, who confirmed yes it is all going ahead and no she doesn't know why I didn't! I've viewed a possible place to buy,  have an appointment to see another tomorrow, and copious details of rentals but am still not sure 6 month rental is a good idea if I do want to put in an offer for one of those, though it would save the problem (and expense) of storage. And it is encouraging to hear that although the letting agents all say no benefits the ones I've talked to say the ones I'm on with the capital I'll have should mean it's OK.

I give thanks I've also arranged to see a holiday apartment down the road which I could have as a fairly open-ended winter let if I don't mind it a) not being done up and b) it not being available for four days in November. Sounds better than a park bench I said and the chap seems very nice and understanding.

I give thanks for remaining good humoured and in reasonable good health. Now would be an exceptionally bad time to start dialysis! I am very tired though, and joints are complaining about all the running around so I give thanks I still have a roof over my head and my own bath and bed to relax in. I give thanks for reminding myself I'm still a long way from homeless - and no fixed abode should hopefully be as bad as it gets...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics